Monday, October 29, 2007

Celebrity Takes 2 week 3

First things first. In this i cant be unbiased. I got a problem with one of the judges. Dayo Laidi!! I know he is supposed to have his own dance company and has been in the business of dance for 21 years blah blah blah. That doesn't mean he knows what he is saying. Imagine putting Pasuma over Omowunmi Akinnifesi. I was mad as a hatter so i did some tuning out. Anyways i didn't grab the whole show but i must have watched the best parts (see me consoling my self). This week was a big improvement in the whole competition so below are my comments. (They are ranked according to my favorites).


OMOWUNMI AKINNIFESI
The babe must have thought she was Beyonce. She could have been right. lol!! It was like being in a 'Niger' club and seeing those babes you dare not dance near in case they make you look bad. She could be a winner. Dayo better change his tune on this babe or he will have enemies.
Judges Score - 21


BRYAN OKWARA
My babe daddy!! (I wish). The boy looked good and sharp. Very impressive. I don't know if it is him or he just has a wonderful partner. Either way he executed a dance to dismissed (by Zoegirl) perfectly.
Judges Score - 23



SOUND SULTAN
I have been down playing this dude and that just ain't right. He has been consistently good so lets give him a thumbs up people. He did a good salsa number and me likes!!
Judges Score - 23


FUNLOLA AOFIYEBI
Her entrance with her leading in her partner on a chain like a dog was dramatic. The dance routine that followed was not as great. But good effort though. She ain't a dancer so we give an A for effort.
Judges Score - 19


OMOTOLA JALADE-EKIENDE
Did a dance to one of the lion king soundtracks. Too much acting and not enough dance content. But her costume (cat suit complete with whiskers) was wicked. Her website is off the hook. Click on her name to go there.
Judges Score - 20


PASUMA WONDER
I have nothing against this dude personally but i feel this week he failed. He danced to Ayefele. People that is his element but dude was moving like an AJEBUTTER. Damn what happen!!!! I was mad disappointed but the judges must have seen something i didn't cause he got top marks.
Judges Score - 23

I do apologise that the gist is not complete. Sorry but i missed Kunle Afolayan, Zizi Cardow, Nomoreless and Tara Durotoye. Voting has started though so someone will be going off soon.
For all details click
here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly! I thot i was d only one who wanted to punch dat Dayo guy for giving Mowunmi dat kind of score and then rating OmoT high????

But for me am really tripping for Sound sultan o!! Their salsa was hot...

tara surprised me as well, hip hop?? i duff my hat.

Hmm, liked d matrix stunt by Mr Nigeria, how on earth did he get up in dat swift motion????

Unbiased said...

You know what really gets me now? Why cant we watch the individual dances online after it has aired (like idols west africa)? I wanna see the matrix stunt again. I wasnt sure my eyes were working right. lol!!!

rethots said...

Hmmm.... went for yesterday's show recording (a friend took me as a birthday treat) saw Kunle, Tara, Funlola, Mowunmi & one other person's missed the others. Luv'd Mowunmi's dance, 'twas fantastic.

LushChic said...

Kunle's dance was the traditional yoruba Baa'ta dance...that's he forte i think...he delivered effortlessly!
Nomoreless:Didnt get the dance at all
Tara:Stepped to "mo like jesu gan"...lol,it was meant to be "hip-hop" but it was well delivered to me,i was dissappointed
Zizi:her dance was very technical..i think she got "it"....Y are the judges always slagging her....
I also have a problem with that Dayo guy....he thinks he's Simon Cowell!....

Unbiased said...

@kayzee
Stop it right there!!! Simon knows what he is talking about. lol!! He doesnt just yan because he has personal preferences.

LushChic said...

@unbiased,yes ma....
who are u rooting 4?i want sound sultan to win o!

Unbiased said...

@ Kayzee:
Sultan does deserve to be in the finals. That, i totally agree with. Personally i am just Omowunmi crazy. The babe makes an ex-lag babe like me proud. (sniff sniff)

Anonymous said...

Sound Sultan for life men!!! That guy has been consistent..

Mowunmi has been good too, let's see how it goes..

Anonymous said...

i just saw pasuma's dance i was at the show i saw his patner folake fall and they didnt show it this is cheating this is a sin. my God spirit of david this is too bad