Thursday, October 11, 2007

MIRROR MIRROR

I really have no business posting anything today. I got the flu. I cant go to work so i am at home with lemsip, stepsils and sleep. But then my baby cousin (If you can call a uni chick a baby. lol!!!) Oyinkan published a book of poems. They are absolutely great and i haven't been able to put the thing down. For now my favorite is mirror mirror. Tell me what you think.



MIRROR MIRROR

Mirror mirror on the wall,
Will you make me six feet tall?
If i look again will i see,
Someone that doesn't look like me?
Will i suddenly be much slimmer?
And will my smile begin to shine?
Will my tummy be a great deal firmer?
Will i look and begin to look fine?
If i cease to eat my fish and chips,
And throw away that luscious meat,
Will i prefer the size of my hips?
And will the boys chase me like i am a dog in heat.


If i twist my body to the side,
Which wobbly bits will it hide?
Or if i put on the right colour,
Will it make me look far smaller?
O mirror mirror you are so cruel,
Why must you make me look like a fool?
It is so hard to please you,
I have run out of ideas on what to do.
Mirror mirror don't you care?
I cannot be like the models out there.
So i am going to turn you to face the wall,
I don't need to look, not a bit, not at all.

Written 19th July 2005
© 2007 by O I Braithwaite, All Rights Reserved .

And you can get your copies on amazon here for $11. I pray she doesn't blow a gasket on this post. lol!!!

2 comments:

PassionIsRed said...

is ur cousin of the tunji braithwaite lineage??

PassionIsRed said...

i was meant to say......the poem is good. i can imagine a lot of ladies (n mayb some guys) have felt that way at some time.........