Thursday, February 10, 2011
Posted by Unbiased at 1:11 PM
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
First of all i did not write this. I have had it for over 5years now and came across it again. The words were so inspirational i decided to share. Don't let the first couple of lines get your down. Read to the end and stand proud in your blackness!!
Why did you make someone the world would hold back?
Black is the color of dirty clothes, of grimy hands and feet...
Black is the color of darkness, of tired> beaten streets...
Why did you give me thick lips, a broad nose and kinky hair???
Why did you create someone who receives the hated stare???
Black is the color of the bruised eye when someone gets hurt...
Black is the color of darkness; black is the color of dirt.
Why is my bone structure so thick, my hips and cheeks so high???
Why are my eyes brown, and not the color of the sky???
Why do people think I'm useless? How come I feel so used?
Why do people see my skin and think I should be abused???
Lord, I just don't understand... What is it about my skin?
Why is it some people want to hate me and not know the person within???
Black is what people are "Labeled" when others want to keep them away...
Black is the color of shadows cast...
Black is the end of the day.
Lord you know my own people mistreat me, and you know this just ain't right...
They don't like my hair; they don't like my skin, as they say
I'm too dark or too light!!! Lord, don't you think it's time to make a change?
Why don't your redo creation and make everyone the same???
Why did I make you black? Why did I make you black?
I made you in the color of coal from which beautiful diamonds are formed...
I made you in the color of oil, the black gold that keeps people warm.
Your color is the same as the rich dark soil that grows the food you need...
Your color is the same as the black stallion and panther,
Oh what majestic creatures indeed!!!
All colors of the heavenly rainbow can be found throughout every nation...
When all these colors are blended, you become my greatest creation!!! >
Your hair is the texture of lamb's wool, such a beautiful creature is he...
I am the shepherd who watches them, I will ALWAYS watch over thee!!!
You are the color of the midnight sky; I put star glitter in your eyes...
There's a beautiful smile hidden behind your pain...
That's why your cheeks are so high!!!
You are the color of dark clouds from the hurricanes I create in September...
I made your lips so full and thick, so when you kiss...they will remember!!!
Your stature is strong, your bone structure thick to withstand the burden of time...
The reflection you see in the mirror, that image that looks back, that is MINE!!!
So get off your knees, look in the mirror and tell me what you see?
I didn't make you in the image of darkness...
I made you in the image of ME !!
Till next time blogville!!
Posted by Unbiased at 11:46 AM
Saturday, July 24, 2010
- God sent Samuel to anoint David as King over Israel when he was a mere boy. Then sends him back to watch his father's sheep.
- He is sent for to come and be a harp player (servant) for the King (Who he can choose to call an imposter.He does not but recognizes that God anointed him King also).
- He choose to serve him even if he did not always agree with him.
- He learned from being in Saul's court about being a soldier and king after all what did a Shepard know of kingship?
- He became friends with Saul's son Jonathan. He did not see him as a contender for the throne but as a brother. In his mind if God had called him to be king he would be and that was the end of it.
- He learned from Saul's mistakes and kept God as his king and tried his best to serve Him.
- His attitude is one of 'God anointed me as the NEXT King of Israel'. So he waited for over 20years to hear 'The King is dead, Long live the King'. This happened when he was 37years old.
- Be patient and wait for God's time.
- Listen to God's law. They are there for a reason and will guide you on the right path.
- Do not despise your days of humble beginnings. They will make you who you will eventually become.
- Have a repentant heart. Don't not be too proud to say when you have done wrong and correct the situation.
- Be humble in what ever position you find yourself and you will eventually be elevated.
Posted by Unbiased at 8:46 AM