Tuesday, November 6, 2007

AM I FAILING?


Last week people i noticed something horrible. You know that little bump we get just at the waist band somewhere below the belly button? Well it was expanding. Not because i was pregnant (lol!!) but because i was basically lazy.

Lets list my hobbies out. Reading (couch potato), watching tv (couch potato), browsing (couch potato), blogging (couch potato), chatting on the phone (still couch potato), etc.

Do you notice the trend here? Add that to my love for chips and eggs. Let's not even talk about the pounded yam, white bread, home-made meatpies and other related fatty foods. Thanks to Catwalq for making me start over eating with her food foto blog post.

Well let me get back on track. As i was saying. I have been over eating and not exercising. My weight remained constant at 65kg so i thought all was well. This weekend it changed to 68kg. I kid you not!!! I am no longer in the flat bellesquad. I WAS mad as hell and angry enough to do something. So i bought a pedometer. It is beautiful. Looks like a jewellery pin. Anyways i got on the 10,000 steps a day challenge.

NA YAM?

Let me tell you what happened.

Day 1 - 4200 steps

Day 2 - 1910 steps

Day 3 - 1740 steps

Day 4 - 2650 steps

Day 5 - 1200 steps

Complete failure. So am i destined to be full figured? If i had a child i would have used that as an excuse for sure. Well to compensate i did 100 sit ups tonight. Will it work? i really don't know.

I know blogging about it will motivate me a little so please keep you fingers crossed for me. If you want to support me in prayer the following prayer points should prove useful:

  1. Pray the spirit of exercise and determination into me.
  2. May the spirit of excess eating be banished from my life.
  3. May i see the salvation of my body from excess flesh.
  4. May my Sexy' body return to it's former glory.
  5. May anorexia not find me in the attempt.
Okay that is enough drama but you get my drift. So i am off to be dreaming about dumb bells. tata.

4 comments:

anonymous gal(retired blogger) said...

Unbiased seriously u cld be me. your post was eerily familary to me. i had to check to be sure that was not me. but i think i am a worst couch potatoe.

Unbiased said...

@ anonymous gal
My dear the thing crept on me like Freddy in nightmare on elm street.
I accept that i am to blame for the sad state my body is in but the drive to do something about it is the biggest problem.
Join me on the excercise band wagon and let me know if you suceed.
I also welcome suggestions on weight loss and body toning.
(Me on my knees begging. lol!)

Bella Naija said...

my dear...we are on the same boat....i have been to the gym twice in 2 months and my fondness for custard cream biscuits isnt helping matters!
meanwhile, can you help me find out what song omowunmi and wale danced to the 1st week (I think), she wore white for the dance and it was a slow song...something about friendship....i really really need to find it! Thanks!

Unbiased said...

@ Bella
That song was dear friend by Stacie Orrico
You can watch it at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB4kj6INEAs