Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This is my life........................4

Shani?? That’s unusual. I take it Shani is short for something. Listen I don’t want to come on all strong or bullshit you but I really would like to get to know you. Can we go somewhere quiet for dinner?


I was ecstatic. I wanted to shout ’yes!!’ immediately. But I had to let him see me think about it. No use giving him the impression that I run off with just any man or I am easy.
A voice beside me startles me out of my thoughts.

Hi Honey!! Sorry I am late arriving. I’ve been looking for you for like forever.

It takes me like a minute to recognize the voice. My sister from another mother. Shade. She must have walked in and just decided to play the situation by ear. I was so terrified. I didn’t know what she would do. The girl is crazy like that.

‘And you are?’ She says with a smile.

Akin.

Ohh I am sorry but my girl ain't going anywhere with you tonight. (Hun? Are you mad?)
We already have plans (Since when).
You can have her number and call her up for a proper date. (Queen Pimp!! Who died and made you my daddy ehhh Shade you mad mad bitch. At this stage i am ready to kill her).

Uhhhhmmm Uhhhhmmm!!!! (I clear my throat noisily) I can speak for myself. Akin this is Shade my main girl. Shade this is Akin.

I know. He told me.

'How do I get out of this mess with my dignity intact', I think rapidly.

Like I was saying before some people arrived I said with a care free laugh. I really have plans for tonight but I’ll take a rain check on that. Call me sometime.

But I don’t have your number.

‘Prove to me how resourceful you are and get it’ I said with this glint in my eyes that promised heaven and hell. What we were each saying with our eyes? I was breathing like I had been on a 10 mile run. That was some heavy foreplay. It took a heavy shove from shade to break me out of it. I smiled at him again and left the club with her.

As I fell asleep that night, I dreamt of all the things those hazel eyes had promised.

If reality is half as good as dreams?.................................. then I hereby say my 1st prayer in a long time. God I hope he got my number and was interested enough to call. I also pray for self control that I might not rape him when (notice my faith?) I see him again.

© 2007 by Unbiased, All Rights Reserved

0 comments: