Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WHO DO YOU BLAME?

Usually when something goes wrong, if it is our fault or not we blame the devil. We all (Christians, Muslims, pagans and all) seem to blame everything negative on this fallen angel. It's almost like giving props to the wrong person!!!!
Cant you blunder, ask for forgiveness and move on? Taking the blame for our actions could really clean up the world. Maybe because then we will be rethinking what we do.

Well that is not even what is in my craw today. I am in confusion basically. I have been a christian all my life and never really saw the use in questioning God on issues because you really cant be sure about what catastrophe was avoided by the stumbling block in your way. Right?


Well today my feelings are WRONG!!!
I feel sad as hell. Like i got whipped like a mongrel. See my dad's cousin died late last week and i only just found out. It took a whole 24hrs for me to crack and crack big time it is.

Wonderful man who loves God like crazy. It seemed to me that all he did was live and breathe God. He was someone i thought of and a grin came to my face.

Well now he's gone and buried. Why? He's got a toddler and new born baby. How will they cope? I try to imagine how his wife feels (by mentally stepping in her shoes) but the pain is too great so i take a step back. So this brings me back to the topic of my post. Who do you blame?

Do i dare to question God in his sovereignty? Or do i say it's the devil's work?
Do i ask God why he could not apply the principles of Job to him and spare his life? Or is this a test for his wife? Do i? Do i?

I really don't know. I find myself questioning the meaning of life and the purpose to which we were all created. Was it to leave a mark in this world and if so why? We are born, grow up, work to be the best we can be, die and leave an example for the ones coming behind who will do exactly the same thing? Why do i feel like i am on a never ending circle?

Asking all these questions really doesn't do squat does it? I guess it is a wise person that said time heals all wounds. Let's see if time will heal mine. I have promised myself that indeed i will not dwell but move on from this pain and tragedy.

Who knew that when we prayed to see the new year we should have been praying far far ahead instead? If this truly is some grand plan that my feeble human brain cant comprehend so be it.
All i ask for is Grace that if i offend the eternal Almighty in my pain HE (Jesus) who has endured all will intercede on my behalf.

Hopefully tomorrow i will be back to my normal self. Sorry Blogsville for casting this shadow today. To those who actually did comment on my previous post after my 'Harass', so sorry but the shoe was pinching me. Na so i yan say i want comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww pele dear...dunno wat to say but so sorry o...the Lord is ur strength. My heart goes to his wife and kids, may God strengthen them too...God bless...

rethots said...

Hmmm.....a tough one there. But then, someone put it succinctly, she said; "I'll be the last to ask God, why me? but, that will be the first question i'll ask Him when i get to heaven." This is just profound.

...my sympathies.

Anonymous said...

I do know how you feel having lost a loved one my self. It hurts and bad for sometime.

But time does heal you and reduces the hurt. Don't get me wrong time will never take away the memories and all but the pain, I believe will ease gradually.

And every now and again, you may shed a tear or two cos you remember the person.

But hey remember God loves you. I know questioning seems like a way out but pls don't lose faith. Remember we are earth and to the earth we will return.

Take kare and let God be your solace.

Unbiased said...

Thanks pple!!
I am feeling what you guys are saying and in time my feelings will echo all the advice.