Thursday, January 10, 2008

The holiday story...2

Part 2 of the holiday journey. Hmmm lets name it 'The arrival'.

The door to the plane opens and immediately my mind flashes to my gas heater back home. The air was so hot and humid immediately my eyes began to itch and my throat tightened up.
Had i truly grown up in this? The body is a wonderful thing.

As i got out of the plane, i saw my cousin waiting. I could literally have kissed her. I was like a child being born. Nothing seemed familiar except her and so to her i clung like a new born and listened as she showed me the way.

The queues were just a very strange joke. In which country is the citizens queue longer than the foreigners? Nigeria that's where!!! After like 20minutes i was able to get cleared into the country. My country. The country of my birth. If i thought that was bad, i was wrong. It was like i stepped into a different world. The place was like i remembered Eko market. Hot, crowded, people everywhere shoving and pushing. The trolleys i heard had to be paid for but lucky for me my cousin had that sorted out. Say hallelujah somebody!!!

Needless to say it took 2hrs for the baggage to finally arrive. I had someone to gist with so my tears stayed behind my eyelids. lol!! At exactly 11pm i made my way out of baggage claim and on to the loving arms of my dad who had been waiting patiently for 2.5hrs.

We got home, prayed to thank God for the safe journey and then began phase 2 of 'Nightmare on Elm street'. Stay tuned till tomorrow for the update.

0 comments: