Friday, January 11, 2008

The holiday story...3

First night in renewed territory. I was gladly welcomed by NEPA or whatever it is they are calling themselves these days.

During the 'thanksgiving prayer' the power just went off. I caught myself before i said DAMN instead of Amen. lol!!At the end of the prayer dad just kindly tells me that it's 11.30pm now. The power usually comes back by 1am.

A cold shower later, i lay naked upon my bed with a hand fan for comfort. At precisely 1am in my housecoat, i march to my father's door and say through the door..

'Dad!! There is still no light'.
'Give it time dear. Wait till 2'.

I could not believe it. So began the routine of conversation till 4am when i decided to let my dad sleep in peace. At exactly 5am the power came on and i was able to sleep in total peace at a familiar temperature.

In fairness it could have been worse. At least there were no mosquitoes singing in my ears. lol!!
The next day was Sunday. We all know what that means right? CHURCH. That long sleep of mine was not meant to be cause i was up by 8am to get ready for church. That was another experience that is note worthy.

I really wish i could write more today but unfortunately i am soo tired out. Sorry dears. I will try to do better to get this all out soon. Two weeks never seemed so full.

2 comments:

Eyin'ju Oluwa said...

Hey babe, did you find the movies on youtube, there are too many of them, lemme know if you need recommendations, thats all i spent my break doing, hehehe. As for NEPA or whatever they r called...its like they have a pattern for every area, i have a friend whose lights go off at about 5am every morning...e go better!

Admin UD said...

Hehehehehe, before you culd say damn!! instead of AMEN!! hahaha I can so imagine da scenario!