Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The holiday story...4

I really wanted to do some holiday gist but there is stuff i need to get out my system first.

Why do well meaning people end up hurting you?
Why do people start sentences with i am not choosing sides when their next words and attitude are just the exact opposite?
Why is it that when you are sensitive about certain subjects and decisions, people get angry when you don't want to talk it out or take their advice?
There are two sides to a coin. Why is it that people don't really see that he that cast the stone in a glass house is cut by the same glass?

I feel that mistakes are meant to be made sometimes and only time can reveal your mistakes to you. You learn from them. Someone once told me that some mistakes are so grave then can make you suicidal.
What? Are you high? It takes more courage to end your life than to actually live it you know? Maybe i am wrong but i often thought that God didn't let me have some illnesses cause i am too squeamish to handle them. Imagine unbiased giving herself an insulin shot? uhh never!!!! lol!! I can even look when i am giving blood or i will start heaving and go into hysterics. lol!!So it is official. No matter what i go through in this life NOTHING absolutely NOTHING can make me join the suicidals. (I just had to make that clear before someone goes and misinterprets me).

Enough of my ranting anyways. We were talking naija holiday abi? The next day in my journey was church. Let me start by saying i have been an usher since secondary school so it is a given that i am relatively well known in church. I have never knelt down so much in my life.

As in after a while, i wanted to stay on my knees so when the next person comes i won't have to go down again. I know that i lost 2kg that day. Not to say church wasn't uplifting and all but i was happy to go home. lol!!

The rest of the day was spent in rest and planning for the next day. I got a call from angel fish who was travelling for Xmas and had only the next day free for lunch so we set a date. I also had to chase my lifesaver of a tailor to hook me up for the engagement and wedding that week. After all it's not as if i could tie the material around me like a wrapper.

The next day came with much excitement and heat. From the tailor who was suppose to deliver my 2 garments by the next morning i headed off to the island. (From this you will have gathered that i don't live on the island).

I first proceeded to my old office. I don't know what pulled me there. A certain curiosity to see if there were any changes or what my life might have been like had i stayed. On getting there i took to the stairs.

'Third floor', i thought. Well i guess it's time to get fit for free.
The door opened as i got there and to any outsider i looked like a girl resuming for work at lunch time. No different. Hmmmmmm i thought and proceeded to go and look for awon eniyan mi (my personal people).

I stopped first at the MD's office and 'uncled' him to death. (Funny enough he actually is my uncle in a round about way o) lol!! We talked about a lot of things, weather, changes in practises, accomplishments, hopes and aspirations, the list goes on and on.

He was so much easier to talk to. Was it because i no longer worked for him? I really don't know but i was glad for it. I went to say hi to everyone else and proceeded to leave and bumped into Mona.

Small world you say. It was nice meeting her. I have only seen her once before so it was like a first meeting again. Calm female i must say. I am usually so animated and want all life has to give at that moment. She is a quieter breed. Watching, looking and learning before she jumps.

Anyways i would have loved to stay and talk about my reintroduction to 'Ikoyi club' suya and barbecue fish but i have a visa appointment now and need to get my ass in gear before i miss it.

So tata and all,

You people that come here sef? I get profile counter o!! Na so so invisible visitors i just dey get for my blog. Abeg leave me a line sometimes. Even if it is just 'Hi'. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!! kolo, is this all d gist we get?? pls i want the full story!

Anonymous said...

u said to say hi, so here it goes HI. stumbled on ur blog, interesting read.