Friday, February 1, 2008

THE YEAR BEGINS FUNNY

A friend of mine said to me one day, 'What you do in the first couple of months of the year will set a tone for your whole year'. In my mind i said 'GOD FORBID'. Tofiakwa!!!

My years always seem to start rocky. That better not be even remotely true. I think what she meant was that the goals you set for yourself and act on at the begining of the year will bear fruit in that year. (Much better-that i can live with. lol!!)



In 2007, i started the new year in church. Tired but with this conviction that if i commit my whole year to the Lord great things are sure to follow. Well all i remember about the day that followed is that i got ticked off, frustrated and had a good cry. Nothing tamautic though cause the year went on to be one of accomplishments.

This year, well i did the same thing and it is all repeating itself. January is the pits!! But picking yourself up is really the best you can do. Febuary is here and like a new month i know it holds new beginings for me. Forgetting all that is behind and PRESSING on towards the mark. I have goals and i am running hard to see them come to pass.

So for some of you guys who feel like all the potential of the new year hasn't kicked in, remember that just as the sun always rises to take the night away so shall this new month be.

A time for all the badness, bleakness and pain to go away.
A time for the healing process to be complete.
A time for you to go from one level to another.
A time for you to let go of your regrets.
A time for you to find joy in the little things.
A time to smile for no reason.

Honestly i think i will just come out and say some of what is bugging me jo!!! I think my biological clock is either ticking or being tampered with. Everyone around me is pregnant. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

I am such a baby lover that it's slowly driving me insane. I have to get my act together and move to a place where i have single friends with no kids. The temptation is just too overwhelming.

To make matters worse they all have 'New bride syndrome'. You know the one where they believe that because they are married and have kids everyone should do the same? OMG!!!! It sucks like hell. I can't even find it within me to congratulate a stranger. I have to have known you for like a year for it to be genuine o!!!

Am i evil? I cant say. Green with envy? Hell yeah.
Damn venting helps. (See me now laughing at myself).

Now i am on the level where i think of the hell of no sleep and night feeds. Honestly why cant we deliver 2yr old kids. That's the age they start to be fun.

Okay no venting. Today is friday. I need to find some fun. Get back into the groove. Get a life. Become intersting. Tata for now blogsville. I am off to spread my wings and fly. lol!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol I relate so much to the last part of your entry it's not even funny:

baby lover: check!
biological clock messed up: check!
surrounded by married and/or pregnant people: check!
desire to find friends who are are single and not pregnant: check!

But the year is young and anything can happen! Thanks for the optimism, may it carry you far this year and beyond!

C'est La Vie said...

interestin...

u shld have heard me scream God forbid when i read d first paragraph of ur post, at least now i know i'm not d only one who has been off to a rocky start dis 2008.

quite encouragin... lookin 4wrd 2 a silver lining dis feb. tanx once again xxx

Ms. Catwalq said...

Today is Friday and a good day for reflection and inner musings...my dear, when it is your turn, I will come and ooh and aaah over your baby and hand him/her back to you for their diaper change...

Unbiased said...

@GNG
Optimism is all you got left sometimes. Some call it faith, hope, etc but it sure as hell beats pity any day.

@ c'est la vie
Rocky is a mild term i must say. Looking forward to your first post anyways sha.

@ Catwalq
Babe that was so not funny. I used to do that. Beware. Dont even hug the little humans. The smell of baby powder will slowly creep on you until you dont want to give them back.

Anonymous said...

... so there are people like me who kept saying hmm January is over and nothing in d pipe line yet!!!

Well, unbiased,on d baby lover drama, won't say am sooooooooo into dat, though am wondering when I would even get a ring talk more of a baby...

Surrounded by married people EVERYWHERE...or those planning their weddings... i know 2 today...but am happy am working so i can spare myself the misery.

aaaaahhhgrh!!!! d clock is ticking alright and my younger sista is planning hers.... and i'm wondering if am missing sth here!I'm not that bad.

Really had to ve some koinonia with d Lord, coz it's not like am not getting offers, but u know how it is....

Anyway, i console myself dat dis is my month and like d movie "27 dresses", it all turned out well....

Ms. Catwalq said...

na lie....I am immune. and have been so for a while.

Unbiased said...

@adaa
My dear i just cant reply you here. This talk is for the phone voice to voice. lol!!!
Remember our deal? I am your shrink pro bono and you can retaliate anytime.

@caltwalq
Lady you do protest too much (wink wink).

Rinsola said...

End of the post was real talk. God dey sha! I console myself by saying some people are older than i am in the same situation, but i've reminded God that the sooner He fixes that lacking aspect, the lesser i would bother Him. It is well though.

Anonymous said...

lol the new year found me sleeping!wat does that mean!i will sleep all year round?ye!lol

babeandahalf said...

What do you mean by you wish babies could be born two years old??? Ever heard of "terrible twos"??? There's a reason they are called that!!!

Unbiased said...

Hmmm okay i change my stance to 5!!
lol

Anonymous said...

confirmed!!...ur crazy, lol...but i feel u on the new bride syndrome, now that is driving me crazy!!no be God's time! we'll get there sis