Sunday, February 24, 2008

TIME FLIES!!

Imagine since the 2nd of August, this is my 100th post. Hurray!!! How time flies. I really cant believe it. I have had my ups and my downs but through my joys and sorrows, one thing remains constant. My blog. This amazing ode to my existence.

I started here as just a means to try my hand at journalism but over time it came to be a place of trust. A place where i can lay down my triumphs and failures both.

I feel such gratitude to the people who do come by here and have left comments to lift me up in my times of trial.
I appreciate the few friendships i have with some fellow bloggers. Most of all i thank God without whom we all won't be here.

For the past couple of days, I have had writers block. Do i dare call it that? Is the truth just that i have been plain busy and that well of inspiration within me is being pumped elsewhere?
I have filled my plate to overflowing.

Is it an escape? I am tired of living on my own in the shadows. Should i not come out into the light and say 'World here i am'. The last couple of months started out with joy and bliss. I was loved and in love. The world was well and everything was wonderful with me.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Beware all that seems too good for it all comes as a price. Those words seem so clear to me now. I have heard all the advice given and have decided to open my cleaned heart once again.

I am ready to take life by the horns. Seize the moment and handle every opportunity. I pray they come. I pray that my next couple of posts will be testimonies of how in the bleakest of times God's light shone through.

In the meantime, i am taking CATWALQ at her invitation to see who is the Blog-chef. We might have to be judged by sight and not taste. lol!! Anyways write to me girlfriend and let's see how we want to do this.

My dad has gone back to naija (sniff sniff). I miss hearing someone plodding around the house.
I miss our stimulating conversations.
I miss having someone to eat all my wonderful creations.
Apart from the extra heat, having him around was so much fun. It was nice to have him in my house as a guest as opposed to me being a guest in his house all my life.

While he was around i disliked it intensely. On thinking deeply, i discovered that it was fear. Fear that once he left, the loneliness would be unbearable. Now i know i definitely need a housemate. In fact, i am off to advertise now and to celebrate my 100th post.

10 comments:

Temitope Adewunmi said...

Waoh, congratulations unbiased. Thou good and faithful bloggger, enter into your father's kingdom. Thats quite encouraging for people like us who need to be much more dedicated to blogville. Even though this is my first time on your blog,i have found it interesting and i am proud of you. Keep it up. Cheers

NikkiSab said...

Congrats!!! 100 no be small number. How u been?

Unbiased said...

I've been good nikki. Thank God for small and big mercies.

NikkiSab said...

So r u ready to seize d moment? R u ready for d world? congrats dear

Ms. Catwalq said...

Happy 100th post....

Men, it is on...but right now, your girl is broke and has no money for ingredients but when i am ready, men, it's soooooo on....

C'est La Vie said...

Congrats girl!
dis virtual chops no go do o

Bella Naija said...

Congrats dear!
I love your blog....
Wow! 100 posts already...time really flies

babeandahalf said...

Daddy's girl,

Pele. Hope he had as much a blast as you did.

How's your mum by the way?

And remember: IT COMES TO PASS (it always does!)

Unbiased said...

Thanks babes. I know i've been promising to call 4 2months now. I definately will try harder now. Who knows in maybe a month i'll get to it.
I am over missing daddy for now anyways. lol!

Flourishing Florida said...

congrats girl. e didn't easy! keep it up. chin up on ur dad. dat is life men. so glad 2 hear u've got a great relationship with him. some of us can boost of such